Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My "Blaue Blume" tote is complete!


Here is my first go at making a leather hand tooled tote. I am very pleased with the way it turned out.
I call it "Blaue blume" which means "blue flower" in German.
It is made from a thick leather, approximately 1/8 inch thick.
I made the pattern, then cut it out from the leather. I then hand tooled the design.
The flowers aka "blume" are hand painted in a sky blue with periwinkle accents. The bird and butterflies in the back panel are a deep yellow.
I then dyed, antiqued and sealed the tote.
It is all hand laced in a medium brown leather lace.
There is a 21 inch long strap with tooled flowers, that is removable.
The closure is a leather strap. Attached with rivet's on the back and a snap on the front.
The size of this tote is:
11.5 inches tall, 10 inches wide, 3 inches deep.

This tote is ready to go!
I would love to hear your thoughts on my tote bag.
If you have a special request on a design, feel free to ask me.

Hugs,
Roxanne









Check it out at

www.schattenbaumleather.com


2 comments:

Marie-Christine Twardy said...

Hello Roxanne,

Yesterday, when I saw the unfinished tote, I wondered how it would look like. Today, I am like wow, it looks fantastic! I didn't know what you can make out of leather. I am already looking forward to watching your next project.

Best wishes from Germany,
Marie-Christine

Roxanne said...

Thank you so much Marie! I have started on another handbag ;)
I truly appreciate you kind words <3
Hugs,
Roxanne